Blog Journal 9

     Something I actually like about distance learning is that it gives me more time to explore my college campus. I can join a class Zoom call from anywhere I want, and that's a great freedom to have. One thing that sucks is the loss of immersion- the entire time I'm in an online class, I'm painfully aware of how easy it would be to leave the computer running while I do something else with my time. The best thing to do for distance learners is to keep schedule and keep the class as similar to in-person as possible.

    OER refers to resources created for educational purposes that are free for anyone to use. The link below leads to an article discussing the best way to assess the skills of students who are using OERs. It also aims to encourage learning through those sources. They are helpful to both students and educators alike, and should be advertised more. 

https://educationaltechnologyjournal.springeropen.com/articles/10.1186/s41239-019-0133-6

    Before the two PowerPoint assignments, I had never voiced one over. I'd also never created an interactive one. I wasn't a huge fan of the first because I don't like hearing my voice recorded, but oh well. I've always found it fun to make PowerPoints, so it overall was pretty good. Now that I've made them before, I won't have to spend time learning how everything works in the future. I feel that the experiences were beneficial.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal 1

Blog Journal 10

Blog Journal 2