Blog Journal 2

        I first used MS Word in fourth grade for my science class. All assignments were submitted either through Word or PowerPoint to build our computer literacy. However, I didn't use it outside of class until high school, where I was given access to my Office 365 account. I prefer to use it over any other word processing software because I am much more familiar with it. 

    The Learner Standard, especially 1c, means the most to me out of all the ISTE Standards for Educators. Standard 1c requires educators to keep up with research for advancements in student learning. This is incredibly important for K-12 educators because not evolving with the times can hinder the learning  of their students. If a student doesn't learn everything they need to one year, that can cause a domino effect for their learning in subsequent years and cause them to be continually behind students whose teachers taught them correctly.

    I can agree with the term "digital native" as a descriptor for the youth of today, as long as it's understood to be a general label, not accurate 100% of the time. It's a trend rather than a given. Digital natives have been raised in the age of modern technology, and are therefore more familiar with its uses and attributes. The differences can be seen when teachers and professors struggle with what students would consider simple uses of technology, like using Google or YouTube. An educator struggling to search a term or turn autoplay off can take time away from a lesson and give the impression that they don't know what they're doing, which can cause some students to lose respect for their abilities. If I were to have future students, I can guarantee I would have a greater understanding of today's technology than my past teachers. But, of course, technology is always changing and I would likely have as much trouble with future technology as my previous educators had with the technology of today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal 1

Blog Journal 10