Blog Journal 5

     Before this blog, I'd never used Twitter. It was never something I really cared to do. However, since creating an account, I've found an incredible selection of resources for teachers like myself. Accounts like @edutopia and @TeachPrimary post helpful information almost on the daily. I'll be sure to refer to them in the future if I need ideas for my classroom.

    The digital divide has had the unfortunate effect of leaving students without easy access to technology behind. What used to be a normal amount of electronics and internet in the home is now considered outdated, and those students whose households haven't caught up are having more trouble meeting minimum education standards than others. Some prominent factors that can cause this are a familial lack of technological/digital fluency and poverty. As a teacher, it is my job to educate my students in the most accessible way possible. The kids are in class to learn, so we should let them.

    I would like to implement i-Ready and Khan Academy into my future classroom. i-Ready assesses students' skills and tells the teacher what their strengths and weaknesses are across subjects. Khan Academy is an integrated teaching and learning system. Students can watch videos educating them, while also answering questions are each short segment of information.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal 1

Blog Journal 10

Blog Journal 2