Blog Journal 6

     I'm not going to lie, my initial experience with Diigo has been confusion. I'm not exactly awesome with computers, and it was a little overwhelming with all the information the site displays. After some "practice", I've grown to understand it a little bit more. Fortunately, it does solve the problem I have with using almost exclusively online resources: they are very difficult to effectively annotate. Without Diigo, I would likely have to resort to taking corresponding notes on paper or in a different tab, which can be hard to link back to the source material.

    Before this blog, I had pretty much no experience with blogging. I realized that I'm not very good at typing without trying to sound super mature and sophisticated. I've been trying harder this journal to match my typing voice with my speaking voice, but it's not perfect. So far, I've also learned that keeping up with your own blog is harder than expected. 

    One Web 2.0 tool I may use when teaching is Office 365. I used it as a student in high school to collaboratively work on PowerPoint and Excel documents at the same time as my peers. Many school districts have free accounts set up for students, so they can log in to any computer and work on their assignments. It is especially useful for group projects, and can be extremely effective in the computer lab setting. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/education/products/office



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal 1

Blog Journal 10

Blog Journal 2