Blog Journal 1

     I am currently a student as FSU, majoring in psychology and planning on minoring in child development. Psychology is my passion, and I plan to work specifically in developmental psychology. I have three younger brothers back home, and only two of them are old enough to understand that Tallahassee is still in Florida. Most of what I know about educational technology comes from my parents, who have each been teaching for several decades.

    As a student I have used Canvas, Zoom, Microsoft Office, Edsby, Kahoot, Edpuzzle, and Google Classroom. These have been accessed via smartphone or computer. For presentations I have exclusively used Microsoft Powerpoint, shown directly to the class with a projector. I am most familiar with Canvas, Zoom, and Microsoft Office, which I use regularly in my current classes.

    Offline, I tend to get most of my information from books, whether it be textbooks or otherwise. The rest comes from my peers and professors. Online, I use FSU's virtual library first, then turn to Googling my questions if I can't find anything. The app GroupMe is a fantastic way to reach out to my classmates for questions and assistance.

Comments

  1. Hey Averie, I definitely relate here. Both of my parents are teachers so most of what I know about teaching comes from them. GroupMe and FSU's library are also two of my go-to resources when classes get confusing. Developmental psychology sounds really interesting, that seems like it would be really useful for future teachers too. Powerpoint has been my favorite way to present for classes, I prefer it a lot over other Microsoft Office programs like Word.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal 10

Blog Journal 2